SPRING INTO YARNELL AND FALL INTO YARNELL POKER RUN will be an amazing day, with some amazing stops, all to benefit a great cause. The registration will start at 8 am and will feature 5 stops for card pick ups and raffle tickets. We will use a conventional scorecard that will be imprinted with the card you have drawn at each stop. You will have the opportunity for 1 card re buy on the trail to try and make a better hand. The highest 3 hands at the end of the run will receive the top 3 prizes. We will offer a 50/50 raffle and an array of prizes and giveaways from our sponsors. UTVAZ will provide staging for trucks and trailers on a 2 acre graded two tier piece of property behind the American Legion in Yarnell. Upon completion of the run all UTV's will arrive at Gilligans Pizza & Bar for their final card and the finale of the event, Gilligans will have great specials and live music onsite. Proceeds from the event will go to pay the cost of the event and to help our local charity!
All entrants will be required to sign an event waiver and follow the rules given out at the event.
ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE NON REFUNDABLE AS THEY GO TO CHARITY
START 1ST GROUP 9:00 AM
START 2ND GROUP 10:30
FINALE STARTS AROUND 7PM AT GILLIGANS YARNELL
For an entry fee each person gets a scorecard and runs a preset route with 5 stops or checkpoints. At each checkpoint there is a person with a full deck of cards in a bag. The participant then has to pull a random card out of the bag and have it marked on their score card and continue on to the next checkpoint. At the final checkpoint all the scorecards are collected up and the persons with the top 2 best hands and the person with the worst hand will win the tier prizes. 100% of the entry will go to WeDevelop fro charity! 50/50 raffle - 50% to winner and 50% to WeDevelop for charity
THE FINALE – 50/50 AT GILLIGANS AND THE AMERICAN LEGION
As we are approaching the close of registration there are approx. 135 vehicles with over 290 people registered so upon arriving back to Yarnell the finale traffic will be split up as follows:
1. All entrants will arrive to Gilligans to turn in their poker cards for count and each group can decide on where they would prefer to have the finale at, the American Legion will have Live Music as will Gilligans, Gilligans will serve a slimmed down menu of Pizza, Wings, Salads and Sandwiches and the American Legion will be Serving homemade Burgers, sides and Deserts.
2. We will have a live stream between the 2 restaurants so all can enjoy the calling out of the winners of the Poker Run and the various 50/50 and gift raffles.
3. If you are not planning on staying later in Yarnell you can drop your cards and purchase your raffle tickets and you will be called in the event you are a winner, you DO NOT have to be present to win.
4. The American legion will also be doing dinner for Friday Night and will have Coffee, Doughnuts and Biscuits and Gravy for Saturday Am and Sunday Am
5. Gilligans will not be serving breakfast on Saturday and Sunday due to the work load to coordinate the poker run, The American Legion and Nichols West both will have breakfast
6. On the Hillside checkpoint there will be hot dogs and ice cold shrimp cocktails available along with drinks for the riders.
SAFETY AND COORDINATION
1. The trails will be manned by the Arizona Rangers Auxiliary a non profit group of retirees to aid all the riders along with the Fire Chief, medic and mechanic.
2. This IS NOT a timed race this is a fun full day in the Weaver Mountains visiting some of our local establishments all for charity. The charity benefiting the run will be WeDevelop, Toys For Tots of Yavapai County and The Arizona Rangers Auxiliary
3. Before each group leaves we will have a Q/A for any info you might need.
4. Vehicles not wanting to use the Stanton Cut across trail can use HWY 89 to Nichols West, The Depot and the Arrowhead
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to participate in the Event and Poker Run, sponsored by the UTVAZ and WeDevelop THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANTS:
1. HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE The UTVAZ and WeDevelop, its officers and members, along with any other sponsors and all of its holdings, and owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event and each of them, their officers and employees, the dealers, officers, directors, management, officials and volunteers assisting in the event, the sanctioning organization or any subdivision thereof, grounds operators, grounds owner, officials, promoters, sponsors, advertisers all for the purpose herein referred to as “releases,” from all liability to the undersigned, their personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise while the undersigned is participating in the event;
2. HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releases from any claim for or relating to loss, liability, damage, or cost (including attorney’s fees) they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned participating in the event and whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
3. THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANTS agree that while participating in this event, the use of alcohol or any substance that affects the ability to operate or control his or her vehicle or may be considered as hazardous to the health and safety of participants and spectators is strictly forbidden.
4. THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES that he or she will not use or operate any vehicle in violation or contravention of any City, County, State or Federal laws, statures, ordinances or regulation and shall be personally liable for all fines and penalties for traffic law violations.
5. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE that may result from participation in the event, whether due to the negligence of releases or otherwise.
EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED expressly acknowledges and agrees that the foregoing agreement to defend, release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Washington law and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, has had the opportunity to consult with independent counsel, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I understand and accept that in the course of my attendance at and participation in the Event, Film or Photographs may be taken, or illustration may be made of me and/or my personal property (including my Car or Motorcycle). I acknowledge and agree that such film/photographs and/or illustrations may be used in any medium by the UTVAZ and WeDevelop and all its related entities and agencies for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium, without compensation to me. Any dispute that may arise out of this agreement is subject to exclusive venue in Yavapai County, Yarnell AZ and the surrounding areas of the poker run, and shall be construed according to the laws thereof.
Tons of great prizes from all of our sponsors, 50/50 raffle, 3 main card holder prizes, live music and so much more!
Copyright © UTVAZ.com All Rights Reserved.